New opportunities for biometric time & attendance and access control: BioLink to launch BioTime 6
BioLink Solutions unveiled a new version of its flagship biometric time & attendance and access control system — BioTime 6. Key benefits of the new version are effective integration of biometrics into companies everyday activities, flexibility in time tracking and access control administration, ease of business processes management.
- Effective integration of biometric technologies and increasing personnel management efficiency:
- Flexibility in clocking on or off as employees simply place their fingers onto a biometric scanner when they start or end their shift;
- An automatic SMS-notification dispatch to employees about being late. Executives and managers can receive time tracking and discipline reports by email;
- BioTime interaction with BioLink IDenium User Identification and SSO (Single Sign-on) system. If a work place is equipped with IDenium software and a fingerprint scanner, it is possible to track and monitor employees’ work activities using the records of user’s logon/logoff to Microsoft Windows or lock/unlock the personal computer;
- Report Designer allows to supplement 16 reports included in a standard package with new reports according to the customer needs;
- An automatic shift ending function (the function automatically ending a working day or shift, if an employee hasn’t done it himself or herself) is modified. Now this function can be set not only in accordance with the standard schedule, but depending on the arrival time – for example after 8 or 10 hours or you can set the ending to the next day;
- The speed of fingerprint recognition increased. The recognition is implemented in accordance with a pre-configured pass rules, so if an employee does not have a passage right in the room, time to recognize his or her biometric identifier is not wasted.
- Additional types of events are accounted – not only clock on/off , but also the beginning/end of lunch and other breaks can be recorded;
- The Payroll function became more flexible. Salary is calculated from hourly, daily, monthly rate;
- Overtime and night work, work on holidays and weekends is separately accounted; payment for proper processing can be set both in money and as a percentage of the base rate;
Ease of time tracking and access control management:
- Policies of time tracking and physical access control rules (for example: a specific mode of visiting the areas and check points) are now configured within one common interface;
- An optimal synchronization of various BioTime components helps to quickly assess the relevance of the information coming from check points and BioLink FingerPass terminals. The information about these terminals connection and their current status is displayed; a database maintenance utility helps to reduce its size, by cleaning the base from old events; an unlock button allows to remotely open a lock.
“The new BioTime version increases personnel management efficiency, streamlines tracking employees work activities and auditing their hours, boosts physical access administration and thereby — provides a quick return on investment in workforce and IT infrastructure”, — Konstantin Sorokin, CEO of BioLink Solutions said.